- 1 What are the activities at National Gallery of Modern Art at Bengaluru
- 2 How to reach National Gallery of Modern Art Bangalore
- 3 National gallery of modern art, bangalore entry fee
- 4 Places near national gallery of modern art, bangalore
Bangalore is home to the National Gallery of Modern Art. It was officially opened in 2009.
It displays contemporary Indian art and has works by several modern and contemporary painters, including Raja Ravi Verma, Jamini Roy, Amrita Sher-Gil, and Rabindranath Tagore.
The NGMA Bengaluru, which is outfitted with an auditorium, a public art reference library, a canteen, and a museum shop/facilitation block, aspires to become a hub of artistic activity and a significant cultural institution in Bengaluru.
The gallery plans and hosts seminars, film screenings, workshops, and guided tours in addition to speaker talks on art and culture throughout the year.
The majority of the collection at NGMA is made up of works of art that illustrate the historical evolution of modern art in India, including paintings, sculptures, graphic prints, and early examples of photography.
The exhibition features Indian miniatures, works by colonial artists, artists from the Bengal School, and post-independence artists who gave rise to contemporary modern and post-modern art.
The National Gallery of Modern Art periodically hosts national and international exhibitions in addition to its permanent collection of paintings and sculptures.
What are the activities at National Gallery of Modern Art at Bengaluru
NGMA is more than a simple art gallery. The galleries hold a variety of events to draw in tourists in addition to the numerous exhibits, sculptures, paintings, etc. among which are:
1. Tree Walks
2. Photography Displays
3. Nature Journaling Workshop for Children
4. Dance Performances
5. Art and Design Workshops
7. Talks to create awareness about art by eminent speakers
8. Film screenings on art, culture and education every weekend
9. Regular gallery walks
How to reach National Gallery of Modern Art Bangalore
- Head towards Anil Kumble Circle and take right on Queen’s Road to find Chinnaswamy Stadium on your right.
- Continue straight ahead and follow the bend (Metro Construction) to find the General Post Office to your left and move straight ahead crossing the signal.
- Continue ahead on Rajbhavan Road and keep straight to reach traffic signal with Chalukya Hotel in front of you.
- Take right at the signal and proceed further (Sophia’s High School to your left) and continue to cross the round about at Balabruhi Guest House.
- Head straight ahead on Palace Road to find NGMA Bengaluru on the left side between the Anjaneya Temple and Petrol Bunk.
National gallery of modern art bangalore nearest metro station
Metro station at MG Road
The art gallery is around 3.5 Kms from the metro station. You can walk down or take an auto to reach there.
National gallery of modern art, bangalore entry fee
From 10 AM to 5 PM, the National Gallery of Modern Art in Bangalore is open.
It is open every day of the week, excluding Mondays. Though entry is restricted during govt holidays.
- Indian citizens – Rs 20 entry fee for NGMA Bangalore
- Foreign visitors – Rs 500.
Places near national gallery of modern art, bangalore
Top sights in National Gallery of Modern Art – (Bengaluru)