Devanhalli, a small sleepy town near Bangalore is now a hub of activities due to Bangalore International Airport now being located here.
This small and once sleepy town is around 30 kms from Hebbal and has some good picnic options. Below is a quick one day trip trip from Bangalore to Devanhalli.
Quick facts before we start:
Distance = Approx 30 Kms from Hebbal
Road Condition = Very good. Bang on NH7 towards airport
Food options = many
Good for = picnic, sightseeing
What to see there = Jain temple , fort, Nandi hills (if you have full day in hand).
Half day suggested itenary
- Hebbal -> Jain temple -> Devahalli Fort -> Venugopalswamy temple
Full day suggested itenary for one day trip trip from Bangalore to Devanhalli
- Hebbal->Devanhalli-> Nandi Hills -> Jain temple -> Fort -> Venugopalswamy temple
- Hebbal->Devanhalli-> Jain temple -> Fort -> Venugopalswamy temple – > Nandi Hills
Shree Nakoda Avati 108 Parshwanth Jain Temple
Shree Nakoda Avati 108 Parshwanth Jain temple is a beautiful Jain temple situated on the outskirts of the city of Devanhalli.
It is at the top of the hill and visible from far. You can see it as soon as you approach Devanhalli.
Vey nice and serene place. Specially at the top of hill, it’s very calm and the temples are a good example of Jain architecture.
Kids enjoy a lot. Though there a lot of play area at the top, just be careful as it can be slippery at places.
Devenhalli fort built in 1500 was rules by Tipu Sultan during 1790’s. It is said that Tipu Sultan was born here.
There is a memorial built outside the fort for this. The fort itself is not there any more. Only the entrance wall can be seen.
Once you enter you will find venugopal swamy temple. This is a protected monument.
If you have full one day in hand you can plan for Nandi hills. I have covered Nandi hills in one of my post before. Every Banglorean knows about Nandi hills. You can read more here. But you can plan as below.
- Once you are done with Devanhalli, start towards Nandi Hills
- You will reach a T-Junction. Take right to go to Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple (5 Kms).
- Once visited come back and then go straight towards Nandi hills
- On top of hill you have Yoga Nadeshwara temple. Visit the temple and then enjoy rest of Nandi Hills. Enjoy the sunset and return back
Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple at the foot of Nandi Hill
Yoga Nandeeshwara temple at the top of Nandi Hill
Nandi Hills – top view
So you have something to look for over this weekend. Enjoy your trip!!
You may also like this video