Not very from central Bengaluru there lies a small town which has few interesting places to offer a nice weekend outing.
Chikaballapura used to be small town, but with the expansion of Bangalore, it not very far anymore. In fact it is very near to new airport with an excellent connectivity.
What to see in do on chikkabalapura. He is are some quick info:
Distance: 160 kms approx for total trip
Time needed from travel: approx 1 to 1 hour 30 mins one way
No of Days needed: 1 day
Road condition: excellent
Food options: many
What to see/do: temples, hill station, tekking.
Route: Bangalore -> Hebbal -> Devalhalli -> Chikkabalapura
Start early in the morning and you will love driving on National Highway. Have a nice breakfast at A2B just after Devanhalli. I suggest that follow below itenary.
Places covered = Anjaneya temple , Ranganatha Swamy temple, Shree Nakoda Avati 108 Parshawanth Jain temple, Bhoga Nadeeshwara temple, Nandi Hills and Yoga Nandesshwara temple
–Start from home by 7.00 AM.
– You will reach Devahalli by 8.
– Have your breakfast at any of the options after Devanhalli and head towards Chikkabalapur
Stop 1 = Anjaneya temple
– Reach Anjaneya temple just 9.15
– Spend 45 mins at Anjenayaswamy temple and by 10 start towards Ranganathaswamy temple
Stop2 = Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple (Rangasthala )
– Reach Ranganathaawamy temple by 10.30
– Spend 30 mins there and your are free by 11.00
– Turn back and head towards Devehannalli ..
– Reach Devenhalli back by 11.30
Stop 3: Shree Nakoda Avati 108 Parshwanth Jain Temple
– Climb towards Jain temple. Reach Jain temple by 12.00 PM
– Spend 1 hour there and return back to the highway by 1.00 M
– Lunch from 1.00 PM to 2.00 PM at A2B or any other hotel on the highway
– By 2.00 PM leave for Nandi Hills
Stop 4: Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple
– BY 2.45 reach T Junction for Nandi Hills
– Turn right on T Junction and head towards Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple
– 3 to 4.00 PM Spend time at Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple
– 4.00 PM head back towards Nandi hills.
Stop 5: Nandi Hills and Yoga Nandeeshwara temple
-Reach Nandi hills by 5.00 PM
-Visit Yoga Nandeeshwara temple at the top of hill and also top view from Nandi Hills
-Stay there sunset and enjoy your time.
-7.00 PM Head back and by 8.30 PM you are back home
Hope you will enjoy this trip. Do post your comments on this site.
1,749 total views, 3 views today