Best place to visit in costa rica for couples : Costa Rica, located in Central America, is a tropical paradise renowned for its stunning natural beauty, biodiversity, and commitment to environmental sustainability.
This small yet vibrant country offers an array of attractions and experiences that make it a sought-after destination for travelers from around the world.
Biodiversity – Captivating aspects of Costa Rica
One of the most captivating aspects of Costa Rica is its remarkable biodiversity.
Despite its size, it is home to a staggering variety of plant and animal species.
From lush rainforests to pristine beaches, Costa Rica’s diverse ecosystems provide habitats for an incredible range of wildlife, including monkeys, sloths, toucans, and jaguars.
You can explore national parks and reserves, such as Corcovado and Tortuguero, to witness this incredible biodiversity firsthand.
Best place to visit in costa rica for couples
So Costa Rica, known for its stunning natural beauty, offers several romantic destinations for couples.
In addition to its natural wonders, Costa Rica offers a range of outdoor activities for adventure enthusiasts.
So whether you’re looking for secluded beaches, lush rainforests, or charming towns Costa Rica offers some very nice romantic destinations.
From ziplining through the rainforest canopy to white-water rafting down raging rivers, there are plenty of thrilling experiences to be had.
Surfing, snorkeling, and diving are also popular along the country’s beautiful coastlines, which are adorned with pristine beaches and clear turquoise waters.
So below are some best place to visit in costa rica for couples.
- Manuel Antonio: This coastal town is renowned for its picturesque beaches, lush rainforests, and abundant wildlife.
- Enjoy romantic walks along the beach, go hiking in Manuel Antonio National Park, or indulge in a relaxing couple’s massage.
- Monteverde: Nestled in the cloud forests, Monteverde is a perfect destination for couples seeking a romantic getaway.
- Explore the mystical cloud forest, take a stroll along the hanging bridges, and enjoy the breathtaking views.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to spot unique wildlife and take a romantic canopy tour.
- Arenal Volcano: The Arenal region offers a blend of adventure and relaxation.
- You can hike the volcano, visit the hot springs, go on a horseback ride, or enjoy a scenic boat tour on Lake Arenal.
- Unwind together while enjoying the stunning views of the volcano.
- Tamarindo: If you’re looking for a romantic beach destination, Tamarindo is an excellent choice.
- It features golden sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, and vibrant sunsets. Take a sunset catamaran cruise, enjoy surfing or snorkeling together, or simply relax on the beach.
- Santa Teresa: Located on the Nicoya Peninsula, Santa Teresa is a laid-back and trendy beach town.
- It offers beautiful beaches, excellent surf breaks, and a bohemian atmosphere.
- Spend your days sunbathing, horseback riding on the beach, or exploring the nearby Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve.
- Osa Peninsula: For couples seeking seclusion and adventure, the Osa Peninsula is an ideal destination.
- It’s home to the Corcovado National Park, one of the most biodiverse places on Earth.
- Explore the pristine rainforests, hike to hidden waterfalls, and enjoy untouched beaches.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca: Located on the Caribbean coast, Puerto Viejo is known for its relaxed vibe, stunning beaches, and vibrant culture.
- Enjoy the reggae-infused atmosphere, explore the nearby Cahuita National Park, and savor the local Caribbean cuisine.
- La Fortuna de San Carlos: Nestled at the base of the Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna offers a romantic setting with hot springs, lush landscapes, and cascading waterfalls.
- Relax in natural hot springs, take a dip in the La Fortuna Waterfall, or go on a guided hike in the surrounding rainforests.
Manuel Antonio – Embark on a romantic sunset cruise
Manuel Antonio, located on Costa Rica’s Pacific coast, is a romantic destination known for its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and abundant wildlife.
Here are some recommendations on what to see and do in Manuel Antonio for couples:
- Manuel Antonio National Park: Explore the beauty of this national park hand in hand.
- Take a leisurely hike through the rainforest trails, keeping an eye out for monkeys, sloths, and colorful birds.
- Reach the park’s pristine beaches, like Playa Manuel Antonio or Playa Espadilla, where you can relax together on the soft sands and swim in the turquoise waters.
- Sunset Cruise: Embark on a romantic sunset cruise along the coast of Manuel Antonio.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean as the sun sets, casting vibrant hues across the sky.
- Many cruises offer drinks, snacks, and even live music, creating a memorable experience for couples.
- Canopy Tour: Experience an adrenaline rush together with a canopy tour through the rainforest.
- Zip-line through the treetops, soar above lush canopies, and enjoy the exhilarating feeling of being immersed in nature.
- Some canopy tours also offer opportunities to rappel down waterfalls or navigate hanging bridges.
- Horseback Riding: Discover the beauty of Manuel Antonio on horseback.
- Take a romantic ride along the beach, meander through tropical forests, and soak in the picturesque landscapes together.
- Some tours also include stops at hidden waterfalls or scenic lookout points.
- Spa and Wellness: Treat yourselves to a couple’s spa session or a relaxing massage.
- Many resorts and wellness centers in Manuel Antonio offer a range of rejuvenating treatments, allowing you to unwind and reconnect with your loved one in a tranquil setting.
- Catamaran Tour: Set sail on a catamaran tour that takes you along the coast, offering opportunities for snorkeling, swimming, and even dolphin or whale watching.
- Enjoy the company of your partner while basking in the sun, feeling the ocean breeze, and marveling at the beauty of the surrounding scenery.
- Fine Dining: Manuel Antonio boasts excellent dining options, perfect for a romantic evening out.
- Enjoy a candlelit dinner at a beachfront restaurant, savoring delicious seafood and Costa Rican cuisine while enjoying the ocean views.
Monteverde – Walk hand in hand on the Sky Walk bridge
One of the best place to visit in costa rica for couples, Monteverde, nestled in the cloud forests of Costa Rica, offers a romantic atmosphere with its misty landscapes, lush greenery, and unique biodiversity.
Here are some romantic spots to visit in Monteverde.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve: Explore the enchanting cloud forest hand in hand.
- Take a leisurely walk along the well-maintained trails, surrounded by verdant vegetation, moss-covered trees, and hanging epiphytes.
- The peaceful ambiance and stunning views make it an ideal setting for a romantic stroll.
- Sky Walk Bridges: Walk hand in hand on the Sky Walk bridges, a series of suspension bridges that allow you to experience the cloud forest from a different perspective.
- As you traverse the bridges, you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of the forest canopy and maybe even spot some wildlife.
- Butterfly Gardens: Visit the butterfly gardens in Monteverde, where you can witness the delicate beauty of numerous species of butterflies.
- Wander through the gardens filled with colorful flowers and butterflies fluttering around, creating a romantic and magical atmosphere.
- Orchid Garden: Explore the Monteverde Orchid Garden, home to a vast collection of orchids from Costa Rica.
- Stroll through the gardens hand in hand and admire the vibrant colors and intricate designs of these exquisite flowers.
- Romantic Dining: Enjoy a romantic meal together at one of Monteverde’s charming restaurants.
- Many establishments offer a cozy and intimate setting, often featuring panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
- Indulge in delicious local cuisine while savoring the romantic ambiance.
- Horseback Riding: Embark on a horseback riding adventure through the cloud forests and rolling hills of Monteverde.
- Ride side by side with your partner as you explore the picturesque landscapes, breathe in the fresh mountain air, and soak in the tranquility of the surroundings.
- Coffee and Chocolate Tours: Take a guided tour of a coffee or chocolate plantation in Monteverde.
- Learn about the processes of cultivating and harvesting these beloved crops while enjoying tastings together.
- The aroma and flavors of freshly brewed coffee or rich chocolate create a delightful and romantic experience.
Whether you’re exploring the cloud forests, indulging in local cuisine, or simply taking in the natural beauty of the surroundings, Monteverde offers numerous romantic spots for couples to enjoy a memorable experience together in Costa Rica.
Arenal Volcano – Do some stargazing lie back, hold hands, and admire the celestial beauty together.
One of the most adventerous and best place to visit in costa rica for couples is Arenal Volcano!
So what makes Arenal Volcano so romantic ?
Arenal Volcano, located in the northern part of Costa Rica, exudes a unique romantic charm that captivates couples visiting the region.
Here are some factors that contribute to the romantic appeal of Arenal Volcano.
- Breathtaking Scenery: The Arenal Volcano is a picturesque natural wonder, rising majestically above the surrounding landscapes. Its perfectly conical shape, lush greenery, and often-visible plumes of smoke create a dramatic backdrop that sets the stage for romance.
- Hot Springs: The region surrounding Arenal Volcano is famous for its natural hot springs, which are heated by volcanic activity. These thermal springs offer a soothing and relaxing experience for couples to unwind together. Soaking in the warm waters surrounded by lush vegetation and gazing up at the starry night sky can be an incredibly romantic and rejuvenating experience.
- Volcano Viewing: Arenal Volcano provides an awe-inspiring spectacle, particularly after sunset when the glowing lava can sometimes be observed flowing down its slopes. Watching the volcano from a distance with your partner, witnessing the fiery display, and being in awe of nature’s power can create a sense of wonder and shared intimacy.
- Adventure Activities: Arenal Volcano offers an array of adventurous activities for couples to enjoy together. You can embark on hikes through the volcano’s national park, explore hanging bridges that offer breathtaking views, and go on zip-lining tours that soar through the treetops. Sharing exhilarating experiences and conquering challenges as a team can create lasting memories and strengthen the bond between couples.
- Romantic Accommodations: Arenal Volcano boasts a range of luxurious resorts and boutique hotels that provide intimate and secluded settings. Many accommodations offer stunning views of the volcano and surrounding landscapes, private jacuzzis or pools, and personalized services that cater to couples’ needs. These idyllic settings provide the perfect backdrop for romantic moments and intimate escapes.
- Nighttime Sky: Arenal Volcano’s remote location and relatively low light pollution make it an excellent spot for stargazing. The clear, dark skies offer the opportunity to witness a magnificent display of stars, providing a romantic atmosphere for couples to lie back, hold hands, and admire the celestial beauty together.
The combination of the volcano’s majestic presence, the soothing hot springs, thrilling adventures, and the overall serene ambiance of the region make Arenal Volcano a romantic destination.
Tamarindo – Take some surfing lessons together
Tamarindo, located on Costa Rica’s Pacific coast, offers a vibrant and romantic atmosphere with its beautiful beaches, lively town, and abundance of outdoor activities.
Here are the top three activities you can enjoy as a couple in Tamarindo:
- Surfing Lessons: Tamarindo is renowned for its excellent surfing conditions, making it a perfect place for couples to learn or improve their surfing skills together.
- Take a surf lesson from one of the local surf schools, where experienced instructors will guide you through the basics of riding the waves.
- Sharing the thrill of catching a wave and riding it side by side can be an exhilarating and bonding experience.
- Sunset Sailing Cruise: Embark on a romantic sunset sailing cruise along the stunning coastline of Tamarindo.
- Relax on board a catamaran or sailboat as you sail into the Pacific Ocean, enjoying breathtaking views of the sunset painting the sky with vibrant hues. Some cruises offer complimentary drinks, snacks, and even live music, providing a perfect setting for a romantic evening together.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach: Experience the beauty of Tamarindo’s beaches on horseback.
- Take a leisurely ride along the golden sands, feeling the gentle breeze and the warmth of the sun.
- Enjoy the tranquil surroundings, listen to the sound of crashing waves, and capture unforgettable moments together.
- Many horseback riding tours also include opportunities to explore the nearby forests and witness local wildlife.
Bonus Activity: Couples Massage and Spa Retreat: Tamarindo has a range of spa and wellness centers where you can indulge in a couple’s massage or enjoy a relaxing spa retreat.
Treat yourselves to a soothing massage or other wellness treatments, allowing you to unwind and rejuvenate together. The tranquil ambiance and professional therapists will help create a blissful and romantic experience for you and your partner.
Santa Teresa – Enjoy the stunning sunset together
Santa Teresa, located on the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica, is a laid-back beach town known for its pristine beaches, excellent surf breaks, and bohemian atmosphere.
Here are some places you can visit in Santa Teresa.
- Santa Teresa Beach: The main attraction of Santa Teresa is its stunning beach.
- Stretching for miles along the Pacific coast, Santa Teresa Beach offers golden sands, crystal-clear waters, and great surf.
- Spend your days sunbathing, swimming, or simply strolling along the shoreline with your partner.
- Playa Carmen: Adjacent to Santa Teresa, Playa Carmen is another beautiful beach worth visiting.
- It offers a more lively atmosphere with beachfront bars, cafes, and shops.
- Enjoy the vibrant surf culture, rent a surfboard, and catch some waves together.
- Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve: Located near Santa Teresa, Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve is a protected area that offers hiking trails through dense tropical forests and leads to a picturesque coastline.
- Explore the trails hand in hand, keeping an eye out for wildlife such as howler monkeys, coatis, and various bird species.
- The reserve also features a stunning beach, perfect for a picnic or a refreshing swim.
- Mal Pais: Just south of Santa Teresa lies the laid-back town of Mal Pais.
- Known for its relaxed atmosphere and excellent surf conditions, Mal Pais offers a more tranquil setting for couples to enjoy.
- Take a walk along the quiet beaches, watch the mesmerizing sunsets, or savor fresh seafood at one of the local restaurants.
- Montezuma: A short drive or boat ride away from Santa Teresa, Montezuma is a bohemian town with a unique charm.
- Explore the waterfalls, such as the popular Montezuma Falls, hike through the lush forests, or enjoy a dip in natural pools.
- Montezuma also offers vibrant nightlife, live music, and art galleries for couples seeking some entertainment.
- Cabuya Island Cemetery: Located near Santa Teresa, Cabuya Island Cemetery is a unique and intriguing spot to visit.
- The cemetery is situated on a small island accessible via a scenic footbridge.
- Take a peaceful stroll across the bridge and explore the cemetery, which adds an interesting cultural element to your visit.
- Yoga and Wellness Centers: Santa Teresa is known as a hub for yoga and wellness retreats.
- Many centers offer yoga classes, meditation sessions, and holistic treatments.
- Participate in a couple’s yoga session, practice mindfulness together, or indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments to nourish your mind, body, and soul.
Osa Peninsula – Snorkel or dive in Cano Island Biological Reserve
The Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica is a truly romantic and remote destination, known for its pristine rainforests, untouched beaches, and abundant wildlife.
Here are some romantic places to visit in the Osa Peninsula
- Corcovado National Park: Explore the untouched wilderness of Corcovado National Park with your partner.
- This biodiverse park is home to an incredible array of plant and animal species, including jaguars, monkeys, and scarlet macaws.
- Hike through the dense rainforest trails, discover hidden waterfalls, and immerse yourselves in the beauty of nature.
- Matapalo Beach: Matapalo Beach is a secluded and pristine stretch of coastline on the Osa Peninsula.
- Enjoy a romantic walk along the soft sands, swim in the clear waters, and soak up the sun in a tranquil and private setting.
- The beach’s natural beauty and sense of seclusion make it a perfect spot for a romantic picnic or a peaceful day of relaxation.
- Drake Bay: Drake Bay offers a tranquil and romantic atmosphere with its unspoiled beaches and calm waters.
- Take a boat ride together to explore the surrounding islands, go snorkeling or scuba diving to discover vibrant marine life, or simply unwind on the sandy shores while enjoying the breathtaking views.
- Cano Island Biological Reserve: Embark on a boat trip to the Cano Island Biological Reserve, located off the coast of the Osa Peninsula.
- Snorkel or dive in the crystal-clear waters to explore the vibrant coral reefs teeming with colorful fish.
- The beauty and serenity of this marine reserve provide a unique and romantic experience.
- Golfo Dulce: Golfo Dulce is a picturesque gulf known for its tranquil waters and lush mangrove forests.
- Take a boat or kayak ride on the gulf, observing dolphins, sea turtles, and possibly even humpback whales.
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca – Take Choclate tour together
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, located on Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast, is a vibrant and laid-back town known for its beautiful beaches, diverse culture, and lush tropical surroundings.
Here are some places to see and visit in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca.
- Playa Cocles: One of the most popular beaches in Puerto Viejo, Playa Cocles is known for its golden sand, turquoise waters, and great surf.
- Spend a day relaxing on the beach, taking a refreshing swim, or trying your hand at surfing.
- The beach’s natural beauty and vibrant atmosphere make it a must-visit spot.
- Cahuita National Park: Just a short drive from Puerto Viejo, Cahuita National Park is a tropical paradise.
- Explore the park’s hiking trails that meander through lush rainforest, keeping an eye out for wildlife such as monkeys, sloths, and colorful birds.
- Snorkel in the park’s coral reefs, home to a variety of marine life, including vibrant fish and sea turtles.
- Puerto Viejo Town: Stroll through the laid-back and bohemian town of Puerto Viejo.
- Explore the colorful streets lined with shops, cafes, and local art galleries. Immerse yourself in the Caribbean vibe, try traditional Caribbean cuisine, and enjoy the lively reggae music that fills the air.
- Jaguar Rescue Center: Visit the Jaguar Rescue Center, a wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center dedicated to protecting and caring for injured or orphaned animals.
- Take a guided tour and get up close to sloths, monkeys, jaguars, and various other rescued animals.
- Learning about their conservation efforts and interacting with these incredible creatures can be a unique and enriching experience.
- Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge: Venture south of Puerto Viejo to the Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge.
- This protected area encompasses both pristine beaches and lush rainforests.
- Take a hike through the trails, enjoy a picnic on the beach, or go snorkeling to witness the vibrant marine life.
- The refuge offers a serene and natural setting to connect with nature.
- Punta Uva: A short drive north of Puerto Viejo, Punta Uva is another stunning beach known for its clear waters and peaceful ambiance.
- Enjoy the tranquility of this secluded spot, relax on the sandy shores, or explore the nearby reefs while snorkeling or kayaking.
- Kekoldi Indigenous Reserve: Visit the Kekoldi Indigenous Reserve near Puerto Viejo to learn about the rich culture and traditions of the BriBri people, one of Costa Rica’s indigenous communities.
- Take a guided tour to gain insights into their traditional farming practices, medicinal plants, and handicrafts.
- Chocolate Tours: Puerto Viejo is known for its delicious chocolate.
- Take a chocolate tour and learn about the process of making chocolate, from cacao bean to the final product.
- Participate in tastings, make your own chocolate treats, and deepen your appreciation for this delectable treat.
La Fortuna de San Carlos – Enjoy some nice time at Tabacon Hot Springs
La Fortuna de San Carlos, located in the northern part of Costa Rica, is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning natural landscapes and the iconic Arenal Volcano.
- Arenal Volcano National Park: A must-visit attraction in La Fortuna is the Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Explore the park’s trails, which wind through lush rainforests and offer breathtaking views of the volcano.
- You can hike to the old lava fields, visit the observation points, and learn about the volcano’s history and geology at the park’s visitor center.
- If you’re lucky, you might even witness lava flows or volcanic activity.
- La Fortuna Waterfall: Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of La Fortuna by visiting the stunning La Fortuna Waterfall.
- Cascading from a height of 70 meters (230 feet), the waterfall creates a picturesque scene surrounded by lush vegetation.
- Take a refreshing swim in the pool at the base of the waterfall or hike to the viewpoints for panoramic views of the area.
- The sight and sound of the cascading water make this a truly memorable experience.
- Tabacon Hot Springs: Indulge in relaxation and rejuvenation at the Tabacon Hot Springs, a natural thermal spa located at the base of the Arenal Volcano.
- Soak in the warm mineral-rich waters surrounded by lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, and natural pools.
- The hot springs offer a tranquil and romantic ambiance, and you can also enjoy additional amenities such as spa treatments and dining options.
Bonus: Sky Adventures Arenal Park: For adventure enthusiasts, Sky Adventures Arenal Park is a must-visit destination.
This park offers thrilling activities like ziplining through the treetops, walking across hanging bridges, and taking an aerial tram ride.
Enjoy breathtaking views of the volcano, rainforest, and Lake Arenal while experiencing an adrenaline rush together.
Costa Rica’s commitment to sustainability and ecotourism is commendable. The country has made significant strides in preserving its natural resources and promoting sustainable practices.
You can participate in eco-friendly activities, stay in eco-lodges, and support local communities that prioritize conservation efforts.
The warm and welcoming nature of the Costa Rican people adds to the country’s charm.
The phrase “Pura Vida,” meaning “pure life” in Spanish, is a common expression that encapsulates the country’s laid-back and friendly attitude.
The locals are known for their hospitality, and visitors often find themselves immersed in the rich culture and traditions of the country.
So freinds, Costa Rica offers a captivating blend of natural wonders, adventure, sustainability, and warm hospitality.
From its breathtaking landscapes to its commitment to environmental preservation, Costa Rica is a destination that captivates the hearts of all who visit.
Hope you liked this article on Best place to visit in costa rica for couples !
Happy traveling ! Have a good time ! Cheers!