Long weekend is around the corner. You have 4 days in hand and it is a festive season. Are you looking for a long weekend trip from Bangalore? So let me take you to a religious tour this long weekend. This trip was doe by me around 6 months back. Here is the summary
Suggested Long weekend itinerary from Bangalore
Day 1 (Sri Anjaneya temple @ Ardhagiri and Sri Kalahasti temple @ Sri Kalahasti)
- Start from Bangalore @ 6.00 AM. Reach Ardhigiri by 10.00 AM
- Visiting Sri Ardhagiri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple will take approximately 1 to 2 hours (depending upon rush)
- By 1.00 PM start towards Sri Kalahasti. Have lunch on the way
- Reach Sri Kalahasti by 4.00 PM. Checkin to the hotel, freshen up and visit Sri Kalahasti temple. Come back and have nice food around and sleep (Note you should take bath and change clothes before going to Sri Kalhasti temple. Also no mobile/camera allowed inside Sri Kalahasti temple)
- Sri Kalahasti will take around 2 hours.
Day2 (Sri Padmavati temple and Sri Tirupati Balaji temple)
- Once again have a quick morning darshan @ Sri Kalahasti if you wish to. Go for temple at around 5.30 and come out by 6.00 AM
- Head back to hotel room and check out
- Head towards Tirupati and reach Sri Padmavati temple. It will take around 1 hr. Reach Sri Padmavati temple by 7.00 AM. Finish you darshan by 9.00 AM. (It is said that you should visit Sri Padmavati temple before going to Sri Bajali temple at Sri Tirumala)
- Our reporting time was 1.00 PM (we have booked ticket in advance from TTD website). We reached on time parked the car and got into the line ( remember strict dress code is there – men should be in pyjama or dhoti and shirt or kurta and women should be in indian dress. ie. no jeans, t-shirts are allowed)
- We were able to finish darshan and come out by 6.00 PM. Came down to Tirupati and checked into the hotel
- Rest for some time and out again. Explored the market nearby and had some nice dinner and came back.
Day 3 (Sri Vinayaka Swamy temple @ Kanipakam)
- Start by 8.00 AM (after breakfast). Head towards Chittoor and take a detour towards Kanipakam. Around 70 Kms from Sri Tirupati and will take approx 2 hours
- The temple is dedicated to lord Ganesha. Visiting temple will take 1 to 2 hours depending upon the rush.
- We were able to complete the Darshan by 1.00 PM and immediately started back to Bangalore
- From Kanipakkam, Bangalore is approx 175 Kms and will take 4 to 5 hours. We took little bit more time and reached back home by 7.00 PM
Note: Tirupati has many more places to visit. Apart from Sri Padmavati temple and Sri Balajai temple @ Tirumala, if you have one more day in hand and can stay at Sri Tirupati for one more day, visit below temples and some other attractions as well which are in and around Tirupati:
Sri Anjaneya temple, Sri Kalyana Venkateswaraswami Temple, Sri Govindarajaswami Temple, Japali Teertham, Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Kapila Theertham, TTD Gardens, Talakona Waterfall, Rock Garden, Tumbhuru Teertham, Vaikuntha Teertham
Here are some posts from my other blogs which you can read in details for individual temples
Roads are very good throughout till you are on national highway. One you take turn towards Ardhgiri, make sure that you take sufficient petrol/diesel and water. It is almost 20Km drive on a narrow road with not much food options. Be aware of monkeys during your visit to Sri Anjaneya temple Ardhigiri. In Kalahasti temple, you can opt for some special pooja. Make sure that you take the appropiate ticket in advance. When you visiti Sri Balaji temple, please make sure that you are in traditional Indian dress. Another important tip. Try to stay near the temple in Sri Kalahasti. There are many good hotels near by the temple. At Sri Tirupati Balaji temple you can look for guest house run by TTD itself. We preferred to stay down at Tirupati so that we can cover some other places.
Overall it was a fulfilling trip and I am sure you are going to enjoy it!